"Night time is the right time for manicures." -- Mai K.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

▶How To: Care for your cuticles & nails◀

On this cold, harsh wintertime.. My hands/skin and cuticles are going through a rough time due to constant hand washing and frigid weather temperatures & taking care of my kids. I like to try to moisturize my hands on a daily basis at least twice a day along with taking care of my cuticles and nails.

Here are some of my tips on how I like to groom my nails!

1) I cut my cuticles if needed be, depending on how dry they are to keep my nails looking cleaner before I start on my manicure.

2) I push my cuticles up and file my nails.

3) Apply one coat of Duri Rejuvacote (nail growth system helps your nails grow faster and longer w/ stronger nails -- can be found at Wal-Mart $10 or Amazon for $7+free s&h!)

4) Apply cuticle oil by Essie apricot cuticle or Beauty Secrets cuticle oil around my nails.

5) Massage Hard As Hoof cuticle cream (moisturizes & softens your cuticles and helps to make your nails grow stronger!)

6) I lotion up with Cocoa Butter Formula lotion by Palmer's! Its by far one of my favorite lotions because I have eczema and its actually moisturizing, fast absorbing AND suitable for eczema prone skin!!

Another thing I've noticed from having less nail breakage, is to file your nails to the round squoval shape or almond/round shape because I can guarantee you that you will have less breakage and chipped nails!! Knowing this is bc I'm a square nails type of girl ;), I deal with chips here and there and I always end up filing them into round squovals so, I don't completely cut them low to nubs anymore.. I reshape them round til they grow back so I can file it back to square.

The cycle usually repeats after one nail breaks but this method always work for me!  I hope you find my tips on how to care for your nails helpful and that it'll work for you during this cold, harsh winter as well!  :) Stay safe & warm! ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment