"Night time is the right time for manicures." -- Mai K.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

▶How to: do a Squishy rainbow sponge manicure

This sponge technique was pretty easy to do. I had so much fun playing with all four polishes on this manicure! It reminds me of something whimsical and magical! I just may put some cute nail art over it! ^-^

How to: do a Squishy rainbow sponge manicure

1) Apply a base coat. Let dry.

2) Apply a white base. Let dry.

3) On a makeup sponge, dab one of four colored polishes on to the sponge.

4) Dab/pat the sponge on to a small area of your nail til you get enough color showing.

5) Repeat #4 but with another colored polish til you've used all four polishes and have covered each nail entirely.

6) Apply China Glaze 'Fairy Dust' or whichever favorite glitter top coat you like over the rainbow manicure to smooth out any oopsies.

7) Lastly, apply your favorite fast drying top coat & you're done! ( My favorite is Seche Vite :)

I hope this step-by-step was easy to follow and helpful to you! If you find any of my nail art inspiring, please tag / hash tag me @paintmainails on Instagram so that I can see yours!! Your inspired mani may get featured on my blog, Facebook AND instagram accounts! ^-^

I hope you all enjoyed this manicure! Wishing y'all a good night + a lovely and happy Valentine's day!

×♡×♡×→Mai

Here are the polishes (from Left to Right) that I used on this
Squishy rainbow sponge manicure all done with Sinful Colors Professional - 'Unicorn', 'Sweet Tooth', Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - 'Peach Beach' & 'Mint Sorbet' & China Glaze 'Fairy Dust'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment