"Night time is the right time for manicures." -- Mai K.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

▶Swatch & Review on China Glaze's City Flourish 2014 Collection

Here's my full swatch and review on China Glaze's City Flourish 2014 Collection of the four polishes I had picked up this week.

This first swatch is called 'Metro Pollen-Tin' from the China Glaze 2014 City Flourish Collection. It is a cream polish in a yellow to slightly orange shade, almost reminds me of a #2 pencil! I used three coats for an even application. Though It dries with a glossy shine finish, I also used Seche Vite fast drying top coat. Drying time between three coats is always good for me.

Second swatch is 'Lotus Begin' done in two easy coats plus Seche Vite! The application doesn't require you to apply more than two because this one was silky and creamy for a full coverage!

Third swatch is 'Peonies and Park Ave' can be done in two coats but like almost a perfectionist, I wanted to make it ultra smoother and bright because HELLO! It's a cute, bright and cheery, it can be a neon but more of a subtle yet neon. It dries almost like a matte finish but I decided to use Seche Vite for a glossy shine.

Last but not least, here is 'At Vase Value'. A Cyan/baby blue, creamy, pastel polish done in three coats plus, Seche Vite. Application was wonderful and out of the few pastel blue, this ones my favorite!

Accent nails base was a Saran Wrap technique I used with all the four polishes. While the peony flowers were free hand painted with acrylic paints. I had a tough time painting the peony flowers on my ring fingernail. I never knew how hard it was to paint such detailed flowers!! LOL All in all, I really like the outcome of it and the four color of the polishes are so pretty! I love it all but now I wish I can own all the other eight!

Mai♡

▲Metro Pollen-Tin▲
▲Lotus Begin▲
▲Peonies and Park Ave▲
▲At Vase Value▲
▲Macro of my free handed Peonies▲
over a sponged base of all the four polishes from this collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment