"Night time is the right time for manicures." -- Mai K.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mai Fashion Nails

Hi ladies and gentlemen!

Tonight's blog is about this particular picture that I found of some beautiful fashion sketches from Google. When I was on Google trying to search for some inspiration to do on my nails, this picture came up. I've had this photo saved on my cellphone for over a month now, so I can't tell you who I can or should give the proper credit to. Sadly, I can't.. But if you know who this photo belongs to, please let me know in the comment area. Thank you! :)


First and foremost, the sketches above brought back a lot of my teenage memories when I knew what I wanted to major in college. Can you guess what it was? IF you've guessed Fashion Designer, YUP. I am an artist and I can remember when I saw the first premiere of Project Runway, I fell in love and was inspired to do my own sketches of my own designs. I even left to NYC to pursue my dreams but it didn't even happen. Broke my heart bc God had other plans for me. I wish I have my sketches with me today but it's OK.. It was more of a hobby, just sketching, doodling and art for me to escape from my reality then. I am truly grateful for today, for I have 3 sons AND for I still am blessed by God to have my artistic skills to share with you all today on MAI (my) nails! I couldn't be any happier to show it through my nail art!! EEEKS!!! lol

My favorite nail art brushes used on this manicure can be found below by link:
instagram.com/stylishnailartshop - 15 Edinburgh Realism Grace
instagram.com/joliepolish - Clean up brush with dotting tool
instagram.com/whatsupnails - Pure Color NO.9
Sally's Beauty Supply Store - #306 

^^BE SURE TO CHECK EACH LINK OUT FOR AVAILABILITY OF THEIR BRUSHES!^^


^ I was SO shocked that I actually fit all 10 gowns on my 4 nails! ARE YOU?! lol, I even have macros for you to check out the messy, artistic details of my hand painted gowns with glitters! ^


I used over 10 nail polishes to create this entire manicure.. I can't even give you any names.. BUT 1 thing, most importantly is that I used the equal amount of China Glaze and OPI polishes.


^ My FAVE nail of the 3 gowns.. OH, and the awesome gorgeous various sized holo hex glitters were picked out are from Emily De Molly's 'Dark Forces' to place them on my nail. How gorgeous are the glitters?! I'm still droolin' over dem babies!! ^ 


^ OPI 'Love.Angel.Music.Baby' over 'Pompeii Purple' & a China Glaze 'Liquid Leather' for the top is super gorge.. ^


^ The gown reminds me of a gown or a certain color and style that Audrey Hepburn would wear! SO CUTE, whomever sketched the drawings of the gowns is a beautiful artist. I'm in love with their sketches! ^


^ Another up close angle.. ^


^ Another gown, the black one with the stripes look like an Audrey Hepburn style too! ^

I am excited to share this inspiration that I found from Google. It brought back some good memories and I can still even paint them.. ON MY NAILS THO!! lol, The tiniest canvases but I am happy that this person brought me to do this so I can share with you all this tiny story about myself. I hope you all enjoyed my blog tonight. Wish you all a good night and sweet dreams Mai Loves!!

<3, Mai

If you haven't followed me on Facebook & instagram.. 
Here are the links & please come check me out there AND follow me:

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the inspiration image and I love it more the outcome of your manicure. It matches perfectly the image and I am sure a lot of fashion freaked girls would die for such an unique looking mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! That definitely helps to keep me feeling positive and inspired to do more nail art! :)

      Delete
  2. These are absolutely stunning, Mai! I must have missed these on Instagram but I just can't stop staring at the full details of these beauties. :) I am loving them so hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete