"Night time is the right time for manicures." -- Mai K.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Neon rainbow gradient + striping tape mani

Hey-lo!! This afternoon, I have for you guys a mani I had shared over the weekend of my neon rainbow gradient that I had done with a sponge. I used all China Glaze products; Highlight Of My Summer, Love's A Beach, Sun Of A Peach and Fairy Dust on this creation.

The base was originally suppose to be a random pattern of the neon rainbow sponged gradient but as I was doing my nails, I was literally knocking out.. lol I also had planned to use Sassy Cats Lacquer's Kitty Kaps {a liquid latex} to help minimize clean up from doing mani's like a gradient, ombre or even glitter gradients OR oh yeah.. Watermarbling <-- something I don't do!! I apparently wasn't thinking clearly that day that I did the gradient without Kitty Kaps.. It was a quick clean u with a clean up brush.. I was surprised!! LOL!! I did remember to use Kitty Kaps for the 2nd gradient that done with striping tape AND to my experience with it,, It is such a wonderful product! Below, I will have photo's of the product used around my cuticles! Go check Mora's instagram account: instagram.com/sassycatslacquer for her latest indie polish and liquid latex called Kitty Kaps. It comes in 3-4 colors that you can choose from. It's more affordable in my honest opinion and I love how vibrant the teal one that I chose looks in real life!! If you are allergic to latex, I'm pretty sure there are other sites that you can search for and can buy from also. When you click on the link above to her instagram account, she has a link that will lead you to her shop!

Lastly, on Sunday, I decided to add another gradient on top the previous one BUT with striping nail tape. I found inspiration from So Nailicious on instagram when they shared a pictorial on their website. I remember I had done one last year in neon polishes and a holo before that I LOVED SO MUCH. I'm glad I did it again trying So Nailicous' technique bc I think this one turned out great also!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these mani's! Have a Happy rest of Monday and the rest of the weeeeeeeek ladies and gentlmen!

:D Mai

Come follow me on:
Facebook.com/maipaintednails
Instagram.com/mai.painted.nails


'Negative Space Nails'
inspired by: So_Nailicious on instagram

^When I was so tired, I completely forgot to use my 'Kitty Kaps'
before I had done the neon sponging!! LOL^

Here^ I remembered to use my
Sassy Cats Lacquer
'Kitty Kaps'
before I did the negative space nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment