"Night time is the right time for manicures." -- Mai K.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

>>Personal Review on: Sally Hansen Color Foil Collection 'Purple Alloy'

How can one resist from buying polish when one goes to Target to buy some Anti-Coolant stuff for her vehicle? LOL.. Well, this one is from Sally Hansen called 'Purple Alloy' from the new Color Foil Collection.
 
I just couldn't resist not getting one to try it out. I am glad that I started out with just one and you will find out why if you decide to stay to read my own personal review on it! ;)
 
I've gotta say that this bottle is almost exactly the same color of the polish on my own nails. I'm impressed by that for sure!
 
 
^ Here is two coats of it on my natural nails without any base or top coat.

^A photo shot of 'Purple Alloy' in direct sunlight.

^ On my nails here, there are three coats applied. & As you can see here on my nails, the polish is wearing off even with three coats also without a base or top coat.
 
I honestly think that this polish isn't really worth my $6.99 but it is my favorite shade of purple indeed! I find it very metallic like rather than foil and that made me a bit disappointed. The application itself was smooth like butter, though it dried very streaky. What I've noticed about this application was that at the first application, it was more metallic though it seemed foil like. After  second or a third apply, it became more metallic and streaky. If you haven't noticed, on my index finger on the third photo above shows a more smooth finished dry, while the other three nails looked streaky. I have not idea how that happened but it was pretty disappointing. I wished the rest of the other three nails had looked like the index fingernail. Though 'Purple Alloy' only recommended a no base application and top coat as it should be worn alone. Still, this wasn't what I had expected but I did enjoy this shade of color. Oh, and one last thing! I don't like polished that dry and show the rigged, fine and imperfections on your nails. It made me a bit sad but oh well!
 
Let me know what are your thoughts on this one?! ;)
 
Mai
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for showing these. I haven't seen them elsewhere yet, but I'll look into them.Pigment Color Foil

    ReplyDelete