"Night time is the right time for manicures." -- Mai K.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Mai Nail Art Journey. (2012-present)

Hi, ladies and gentlemen! I just wanted to share with you all my nail art journey.. (sorry for this long post but I have come along way!!) To those who feel as if they're not good at nail art, there is hope with tons of free time for nail art to practice! 

I have 3 little boys & I always have my hands full.. If you can find any free time to do your nails, a little practice goes a long way! 

^^This was one of my many 1st manicures done in 2012 (hence, the awkward hand pose!! LOL!) 

^^I was proud of my 1st nail art entry to my 1st nail art contest (which I didn't make finalist. & It broke my heart but I kept trying again for other nail art contests.) 

^^The Barenstein Bears was my very few contest entries that I had done & won my very 1st nail art contest! The 90's themed contest was hosted by my lovely beesh @nailslikelace. (Funny how we became friends afterwards! I was so shocked bc she is such a talented lady!!)

^^2nd picture to the left on the mini collage above was a mani that I recreated by the talented @rinoa1107. Bory loved my entry of the Sugar Bunnies for my first nail art contest so much, she asked me to recreate any one of her awesome mani's & I picked out this one. It was a lot harder than I thought to recreate something from another talented artist bc HELLO!! My nails were so extremely nub short & I used a bad brush & a kabob pick as a dotting tool I had owned! I was nervous.. LOL! But, Anything is possible!

^^Snow White, a bitten poisoned apple, a purple flower for the nature she was surrounded by, plus, a blue bird as well! & Last but not least, a diamond.. This was done with new nail art brushes that I had purchased & boy was I excited that I painted these on my nails (almost) so perfectly. This was when I didn't even know what a clean up brush was!! Cuticle areas were a hot mess but I didn't notice it then! LOL! I was very proud of this one for sure!!

^^Last but not least, bottom right corner photo is of a lemonade manicure I had done for a monthly nail art challenge. I have got to say since after the Barenstein Bears, my nails then have grown so beautifully & long. I miss my nails that length.. Now, they're shorter than usual but at a comfortable length.. I am content. ALL in all.. when I look at my nail art journey, from 1st day to present and recent.. I have to say, my nail art seemed as if they were done on a different person rather than done on my own nails. Throughout the entire journey of nail also changing my nail shape, those were the most hard times for me. Though I have had so many free time on my hands, painting my nails was a time for me to paint them = practice. I've come a long way since 2012. Now, that its the year 2014, my nail art has progressed! I'm proud of myself! 

If you feel that you can't paint your nails, just a reminder: it takes a lot of patience, a good nail art brush, love & practice! Don't give up! Every chance you get a free time, do your nails!! Feel inspired by other nail artists to do your own! That's how I found my inspiration! 

This blog became more of a journal than a nail art blog "BLOG" but its OK! I wanted to help inspire you!



No comments:

Post a Comment